Wednesday 18 May 2011

Lentil soup

I can't believe that I haven't posted my lentil soup recipe. Kim at Life in a shoe is looking for recipes with lentils. We eat this, for lunch, at least once a week and the children prefer it to any other soup.

Ingredients
6oz red lentils (the cheap and cheerful variety)
1 carrot
1 onion
1 glove of garlic
2 pints stock (preferably homemade)
1 can tomatoes

Method
Chop the carrot, peel and chop the onion and crush the clove of garlic.
Open can of tomatoes.
Put all ingredients in a large saucepan.
Bring to boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
Puree and serve.

Serves 4-I double this for our family of 8.
Freezes well.

Serve with grated cheese and wholemeal bread.

The other recipe that I use is copyright but is from the Cranks recipe book and is the lentil slice which is very yummy and vegetarian.

3 comments:

  1. We love lentil soup (and split pea soup) here too. It prepares so quickly and easily and it fills the home with warmth and our bellies with goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe. That looks easy and I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete