Tuesday 2 December 2014

December Inspiration

Autumn has almost gone and my children are hoping for snow.

This is the time for sitting on the sofa reading. Well, really when isn't? I'm always on the look out for more book ideas so I enjoyed the recent series from This Reading Mama on favourite books.

One of the books that I loved as a child was Anne of Green Gables so I was delighted to find the blog of a homeschooling mother on Prince Edward Island with photos of the Island.

While we are on the subject of books, Claire at AngelicScalliwags has posted on encouraging a love of reading in children who find reading challenging.

Beth at At He leads is Joy has illustrated the cell cycle with her children. I know my children would love this! 

I'm rereading JC Ryle's Expository Thoughts on the Gospels. I'm still on the Matthew volume but it is thought provoking reading. I recently read Ryle's rules for listening to a sermon.

Hope you all have a happy December with some time to read!


If you enjoyed this post you may like to follow Delivering Grace by Google Friend Connect, G+,FacebookPinterest or e-mail.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for that link to rules for listening to a sermon! It's so easy to forget, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the autumn, it is the best time of the year and winter is a close second! We are a family who just LOVES reading. We go to used book store regularly and the library weekly and as soon as you walk in, you smell the books. Sounds funny I know, but there is something magical about the smell of books :) ....Kelli from Oregon

    ReplyDelete