Tuesday 12 May 2015

UK Christian Home Education Bloggers-2015 list

My post about UK Christian Home Education Bloggers is the most popular post on the blog but it is time for an overhaul.

This is a list of UK based Christian home education blogs. 

My criteria for inclusion are
  • home educating family
  • evangelical Christian although inclusion does not imply that we are agreed about doctrine
  • posting relatively frequently
  • some content about education 
  • I've come across the blog-obviously! Please let me know about other relevant blogs and I will add them.
The blogs are in alphabetical order. Do visit them and be inspired!

Angelicscalliwags is written by Claire about her children's history based home education but there is so much more: a pond study, science, Before Five in a Row.

 An Island Family by Grace is a blog which is relatively new to me. Gwen's posts tend to be full of links to resources and frugal ideas.

As He leads is joy is where Beth writes about home educating. She educates her child with Down syndrome and writes about this as well as her trips around England. Beth hails from the US and it is always fascinating to see ourselves as others see us.

Another blog by a Beth is the eponymous Beth Baker's blog. This is subtitled Homemade. Homegrown. HomeEd. Beth covers these three areas in her writing. I love her phrase Like Joseph's coat, home education is many coloured.

Boyschooling, not surprisingly, has an emphasis on teaching boys although this isn't exclusive. This blog has helpful book recommendations and ideas for home education outings. 


Ellie at Create with your hands writes about home education and play based activities.

Delivering Grace, well that is me! And this is about why we home educate.


Helen writes at For His Glory. She features unit studies done by her daughters as well as some resource recommendations.

Gracieschool posts about teaching her young children. I especially like the posts about early writing and art.

Home Education Novice is written by Kondwani, a pen name meaning "for ever rejoicing" about her journey educating her young children. She has thoughtful articles about learning from children and motivations. 

Jenny at Home schooling for a Dozen or more posts about educating her 10 children and often features book reviews which are always refreshing.

Homeschool on the Croft is written by Anne and has the most beautiful pictures of the scenery around her island home. 

Organic Education features Alice's family's home education but is also useful for links to topical and political articles about home education.


Our cup of tea is from Debbie who is an American living in the UK. This is a tremendous resource for geography and a blog I visit when putting together a country unit study.
Photobucket


Sarah at Pyjama School writes about Montessori based home education for her two young children. She has tutorials for making DIY Montessori equipment: a particularly helpful frugal resource for home educators.



The Frog-Academy is about a large family in the North of England. The art ideas are worth exploring and I enjoy reading about another family with teenagers.

Caroline at the Joyful Keeper writes both about the Christian life and about home educating her children. 


TheJoyfulKeeper

Through the Lattice is a blog from an older home educating family. I love the pictures although I dare not show the pony pictures to Younger Daughter. She already has schemes for keeping a pony in the back garden!

Shirley posts at Under an English Sky. She has the most organised and attractive looking planner that I have seen and loves to post about her garden.

Young Hosannas is a blog by Kirsty who home educates her five young children. She has practical ideas for learning with little ones and the learning is naturally and clearly rooted in God's Word.

Please do let me know about other UK Christian home educator blogs. 

You may also enjoy my page about UK home education resources.

If you enjoyed this post you may like to follow Delivering Grace by Google Friend Connect, G+,FacebookPinterest or e-mail.

10 comments:

  1. I follow two UK Christian homes educator blogs not on your list. Both are Charlotte Mason homeschoolers.
    Helena blogs at These Irish Hills. http://theseirishhills.weebly.com/ She is Dutch, living in Ireland. One unique and fun thing about her blog is that she does a weekly vlog.
    I also like Ordinary Clare. http://ordinaryclare.weebly.com/ She is in London, and has just had her fifth baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nelleke, I shall enjoy exploring these blogs.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for including my blog Sarah. I had not heard of quite a few of the others on your list so it will be good to have a look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for including my blog Sarah and for such a great list of UK homeschooling blogs. Like Gwen there are quite a few I had no idea and I always love reading other about other UK homeschooling families. I'm popping this post onto my Pinterest Homeschooling board :)
    X Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness! Thanks for adding me to your list. I've had over 380 new views today (I normally have about 10) and the majority of the traffic has come through your site.
    I feel quite honoured that my little blog made it on to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Sarah! I feel very inadequate compared with some of these other wonderful blogs, so thank you very much for including mine. As you know, I've blogged less frequently over the past year, but hopefully once we're settled (wherever, and whenever that will be!), I will have more time to blog more often.
    Every blessing, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for including angelicscalliwags!

    ReplyDelete