Tuesday 6 October 2015

October Inspiration

I love October sunshine, scrunching leaves and the colours. 


 Fitting in with enjoying the outside, Gwen, at An Island Family has posted a list of 10 nature study resources.

Reading aloud is something that we enjoy as a family. Starting to read aloud, from a young age, has seemed to help my most active children to concentrate. However, wriggly children can still struggle at times. This post from All about Learning Press has some helpful tips. 

Having just fledged readers is an exciting time and finding the books that kindle their interest and which they can read can be a challenge. There are some useful ideas in this post Books in a series for Early and Late Beginning Readers. 


We are in birthday season here so I liked this volcano pinata cake recipe from the Imagination Tree. Choosing birthday cakes is a major occupation for my younger children!

The Unlimited Space Agency is about to launch a challenge for KS2 children. This is open to home educators. Do check the time commitment-the programme sounds exciting but involves three lesson sized challenges a week!

I am planning to update my UK Home Education Resources page. Please let me know if there is anything that I should add.

If you enjoyed this post you may like to follow Delivering Grace by Google Friend Connect, G+,FacebookPinterest or e-mail.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for including my nature post, Sarah :-) My youngest daughter is reading well now, so I am interested in the post about fledgling readers!

    ReplyDelete