So what is the current reading?
- Follow the dream: the story of Christopher Columbus by Peter Sis. This a book from the home education library which I have read to Youngest Son so many times that he almost knows it by heart.
- Where the poppies now grow by Hilary Robinson and Martin Impey-for Remembrance Day.
- Our Island Story audiobook. This is the famous 1905 book by Henrietta Marshall.
- Leading Little Ones to God- Miriam Schooland. This is a battered and loved book but really for children aged 5+ not tiny ones.
- Poetry particularly from 100 best poems for children, Now we are Six (A.A. Milne) and Kings and Queens (E and H Farjeon).
- Theras and his town by Caroline Dale Snedeker. This is one of the literature selection which goes with the Veritas self paced history and is historical fiction about Athens and Sparta. I recommend looking at the Veritas catalogue for book ideas.
- Taking Root-Diana Kleyn. This book has short stories about how people came to know the Lord.
- Five have a mystery to solve This series is by Enid Blyton, for course.
- Elephants in the East Lucy Daniels. From the Animal Ark series and tells the story of rescuing elephants from poachers.
Do you have any read aloud suggestions?