Friday 8 October 2010

Blessings in a busy week

This week hasn't been quiet, in fact, I can't remember what a quiet week looks or feels like so probably wouldn't recognise one. This week isn't over yet and there is still plenty to do. In these busy weeks, there are plenty of joys and blessings.
This week, we made Olympus Mons. The picture doesn't do the explosion justice.
The book we were using, "Exploring Creation with Astronomy", suggested adding washing up liquid to the explosive mixture which did add a certain extra excitement to the usual bicarbonate of soda and vinegar mixture.



I don't want to leave out my bus ride on the front seat, at the top-childish, I know, but fun.

The Exuberant one is becoming more articulate. I love this stage although I was a bit thrown when he decided to count eggs on the kitchen floor; to my amazement some survived.


Dh had his birthday this week. The night before, we were given some beetroot by someone who didn't know that dh's favourite soup is borscht, Russian beetroot soup. I didn't take a picture-the deep purple soup with a splodge of natural yogurt should have been recorded. Dd- the eldest, iced the cake-I was very grateful.


Added to this, I found another Newton hymn which I hadn't really appreciated before. This one is more well known and I'm fairly certain that I had seen it previously. Just in case anyone wonders, I do read hymns by authors other than Newton.

When any turn from Zion's way,
(Alas! what numbers do!)
Methinks I hear my Saviour say,
"Wilt thou forsake me too?"

Ah Lord! with such a heart as mine,
Unless thou hold me fast;
I feel I must, I shall decline,
And prove like them at last.

Yet thou alone hast pow'r, I know,
To save a wretch like me;
To whom, or whither, could I go,
If I should turn from thee?

Beyond a doubt I rest assur'd
Thou art the Christ of God;
Who hast eternal life secur'd
By promise and by blood.

The help of men and angels join'd,
Could never reach my case;
Nor can I hope relief to find,
But in thy boundless grace.

No voice but thine can give me rest,
And bid my fears depart;
No love but thine can make me bless'd
And satisfy my heart.

What anguish has that question stirr'd
If I will also go?
Yet, Lord, relying on thy word,
I humbly answer, No!




No comments:

Post a Comment