- Meal plans for when I can't think what to cook, often 6 days out of 7! I usually do this but sometimes slip and it does make days more complicated.
- Prepared food for after home education groups. I'm not sure whether I'm extra pathetic but I'm always tired after group meetings and it really helps when there is food in the slow cooker or ready to go in the oven
- Fruit for dessert-healthier and easier.
- Intentional trips-trips take time, energy and money. They also take time away from learning at home. They can be great but work best if we have a reason for wanting to go; for one of my children, being about history is enough! Generally, though term time trips are best if they re-enforce some learning or to help out with some weak area.
- Local extra curricular activities-this has saved me so much time. In the last two years, we have walked to extra curricular activities. Not driving miles has saved so much time and money plus the exercise is no bad thing. This won't work for everyone but for us, in greater London, there is a fair amount that can be done within easy walking distance.
- Explore the local area.
Do you have any thoughts about freeing up time, from the lesser to the greater?