So, how to reduce spending on batteries?
- Reducing battery usage. I guess that many of us have suffered from noisy battery powered toys.The older I get, the more I prefer a few, quiet toys.
- Changing to wind-up torches.
- We have found that batteries which no longer power cameras can still run a clock for several months.
- Buying the most efficient batteries. Middle Son found this site which has information and graphs about how long batteries last and cost per Amp hour.The results are surprising. It is worth just checking current prices. Middle Son went over some of these and said that he found the best value result to be slightly different now.
- Using rechargeables. We've never had much success with these as they don't seem to work more than another charge or two. It would be fascinating to know how other people have found rechargeable batteries.