Thursday 10 March 2011

I haven't completely disappeared

Our internet was down for five days and real life has been busy.

Home education, for a 10 year old and a 4 year old who really wants to join in plus Mr Exhuberance who has given up his afternoon sleep, is keeping me out of mischief.

Seriously, none of my toddlers have been great sleepers. Just over two years is about as far as they go with afternoon sleeps. The alternatives are that they spend the whole evening awake or spend the afternoon investigating everything they can find in their bedrooms-just not worth it. So, we have exchanged wakeful evenings for wakeful afternoons. I love my energetic little toddler.

Today, the 10 year old made falafel for lunch. Recipe from an English textbook. He did the comprehension yesterday and the cooking today. We think that some of the questions suggested a minimal acquaintance with the kitchen.

At long last, we've finished "Journey to the centre of the earth"-it has been hard work. In fact, I'm not sure why we didn't give up half way except that I couldn't stand thought of leaving them there. Now, to finish "Mr Pipes and the English hymnwriters" then perhaps give in to demands to read "Farmer boy" again. I have resisted until now but for about the first time, this is a book that will appeal to two children not one so maybe-especially if we make some of the farm food. "Farmer boy" is such a hungry book.

No comments:

Post a Comment