Tuesday 19 July 2011

5-a-Day-children's choice

This week, having just arrived back from holiday, I hadn't given too much thought to the choice of books so decided to see which books the children would choose from the shelf. They thought that ten would be better than five although I have narrowed the choice down here. In terms of reading, we still seem to be at ten!

Anyway, here is my selection from their ten.

Mr Little's noisy boat by Richard Fowler. This is one of three we have from this series. One of the others in this series was also chose by the children. These have flaps on each page which have to be opened fairly, in turn, by Miss Belle and Mr Exuberance.

Kipper by Mick Inkpen. All five of the children have enjoyed the Kipper books. This is a reassuring book about home.

Gordon in Charge by Jill Newton. A funny story about who is really in charge on the farm and the problems of rivalry.

Brown bear, brown bear, what do you see? by Bill Martin Jr and Eric Carle. Mr Exuberance loves this book and asks for it several times a day. He can join in with much of the text after so much repetition.

Postman Pat's secret by John Cunliffe. This wouldn't have been my choice as I find it a slightly tedious read (sorry!) but the children have all enjoyed this and Fireman Sam about which I feel the same. Strangely, they seem to have liked this before seeing these on the screen. Perhaps someone can explain the attraction?

Happy reading!

This is linked to 5-a-Day books.

5 a day books

1 comment:

  1. I'm amazed that you are able to do 10 a day usually! VERY impressive! I haven't read any Postman Pat so I couldn't possibly comment on that one ;-) They often like things we just don't understand don't they!

    ReplyDelete