These are the rather sad potato plants-the slugs loved their leaves!
What I've learnt
- thankfulness that we do have supermarkets full of food.
- gardening is hard work. I'm sure that ours would have done better with more time spent weeding and removing slugs.
- some of the produce that didn't grow is for reasons beyond our control. The tomato plants needed more sun. The loss of the apple blossom was due to the weather.
- Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it.
- Appreciation of the food that we do have from our garden-some potatoes, garlic, a few damsons, some rhubarb (this did well), a few blackcurrants from very young bushes and we hope to have some apples and a few wild blackberries.
How does your garden grow?
How do you make time for gardening?