Thursday 12 March 2020

Living in a Pandemic

It is no secret that we are in a pandemic. None of us know whether we will be unwell/have to self isolate and whether, soon, we will be able to leave our homes. Obviously, in our family, this has been a matter of a fair amount of discussion as well as making sure that the children know the official guidance and that practically, hand washing takes place often, carefully and for at least the time that it takes to sing Happy birthday twice.

One of the most important things that we want to remember is that God knows and cares about us, even at this time. We have been singing Sovereign Ruler of the Skies in our Morning Time. 


Sovereign Ruler of the skies,
Ever gracious, ever wise!
All my times are in Thy hand, 
All events at Thy command.

He that formed me in the womb,
He shall guide me to the tomb;
All my times shall ever be
Ordered by His wise decree.

Times of sickness, times of health;
Times of poverty and wealth;
Times of trial and of grief;
Times of triumph and relief:

Times the Tempter's power to prove;
Times to taste a Saviour's love:
All must come, and last, and end
As shall please my heavenly Friend.

Plagues and deaths around me fly,
Till He bids I cannot die:
Not a single shaft can hit
Till the God of love thinks fit.

O Thou gracious, wise and just,
In Thy hands my life I trust:
Thee, at all times, will I bless:
Having Thee, I all possess.

John Ryland

If you enjoyed this post you may like to follow Delivering Grace by Google Friend Connect, Facebook, Pinterest or e-mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment