Friday 18 April 2014

April Inspiration

Not only has April arrived but is half over before I post this. 

We've had plenty of time outside and the first visit of the year to the sea. Certain people are hoping for more.

Lego is popular here but all those models tend to get taken to pieces and the pieces move round the house. One of my favourite blogs has a post on organising all those little pieces when there are several children who play with Lego. I think we need to keep completed models and instructions in one place and odds and ends in another. 

Jamie at The Unlikely Homeschooler has written about her system for managing buying birthday gifts and not breaking the budget. Definitely worth reading if your children are invited to multiple birthday parties!

The Simple Homeschool blog has posted some ways of making home educating harder than it needs to be. Some of these are more helpful for parents of younger children but some are applicable to us all.

Over our Easter break, Youngest Daughter has been pushing on with phonics. We are using Logic of English Essentials. I'm very impressed and Youngest Daughter has been very keen not to miss days. We have been known to work on this six days a week. A review is due in May.

I wanted to post some verses for Good Friday but came back to these verses that I first posted over three years ago. They were written by the hymnwriter Joseph Irons and are well worth reposting.

What sacred Fountain yonder springs
Up from the throne of God,
And all new covenant blessings brings? 
'Tis Jesus' precious blood.

What mighty sum paid all my debt,
When I a bondman stood,
And has my soul at freedom set?
'Tis Jesus' precious blood.

What stream is that which sweeps away
My sins just like a flood,
Nor lets one guilty blemish stay?
'Tis Jesus' precious blood.

What voice is that which speaks for me
In heaven's high court for good,
And from the curse has set me free?
'Tis Jesus' precious blood.

What theme, my soul, shall best employ
Thy harp before thy God,
And make all heaven to ring with joy?
'Tis Jesus' precious blood.




If you enjoyed this post you may like to follow Delivering Grace by Google Friend Connect, G+,FacebookPinterest or e-mail

No comments:

Post a Comment