The Fast Track Bible Pack is a series of cards about the books of the New Testament. Each book has one card. The cards are attractively produced and made of heavy duty card. There is one for each book of the New Testament. Each card is 9x6 inches so roughly 23cm by 15cm.
Each card has information about its book including the author, number of chapters, date written on a time line and theme. In the centre of the card is a description of the book with a key verse at the bottom of the page.
The Wizzy Gizmo website has several ideas about how to use the cards, helpfully divided by age from 2 to 5 up to 12 years and upwards. I used the cards with my seven year old after her daily Bible reading. We went through the cards in order taking a couple of days over each card rather than the week suggested. Whilst using the cards, we also worked on learning the order of the books of the New Testament. We concentrated on the author and theme of each book.
What we thought
- Bible cards like this are a helpful tool in obtaining an overview of the Bible.
- I liked the timeline on each card.
- The author details were interesting. I don't think that Younger Daughter had realised the link between Luke and Acts or how much of the New Testament was written by Paul.
- We found the first side of each card more accessible for reading. The second side tended to read like a list. We didn't read this side aloud. The suggestion of learning a verse from the second side was helpful.
- The cards use the New American Standard Bible. We use the Authorised (King James) Version and would have preferred the quotes to be from this.
- Theologically, the cards have a strong pre-Millennial leaning which obviously, comes across strongly in the book of Revelation. This limits the usefulness of the cards for those who do not hold this view of end times and the book of Revelation.
- I wasn't sure what I thought about the number of the book being on the card. It is logical to put this on the card but means that a game of ordering the cards in Biblical order is rather difficult.
- I didn't use the cards with my five year old but learning the basic details for each card would be possible for this age group particularly if linked with narratives and learning a verse from each book.
The cards are available at $14.99 which is, at the time of writing, about £8.96.
For other reviews of the Fast Track Bible Pack and other Wizzy Gizmo products do pop over to the Schoolhouse Crew site.