I've pulled together a list of my favourite UK home educating resources. This is not exhaustive.
Please feel free to add your recommendations in the comments.
This particular list does not include individual blogs. I have a separate post about these.
In addition, I have purposely omitted individual books in the interest of brevity!
This only includes UK sites. There are many, many useful sites across the Pond and like many other home educators here, I go on the forums and occasionally, pluck up courage to pay lots of postage! However, there is plenty of help here including some people who conveniently import from the US.
Many but not all of the sites are Christian. Whist these are sites that I have used, I do not claim any responsibility for the contents of any of these sites.
Home education groups
- Facebook has many home education groups but the Christian Home Educators UK group is very active.
Home education organisations and sites
- Skoldo produces primary French and Spanish resources including song downloads.
- Northstar Worldwide is a UK based Christian secondary age on-line learning site. They have courses for GCSEs and IGCSEs as well as catering for younger secondary age pupils.
- The Metropolitan Tabernacle bookshop sells the Christian Liberty nature readers and a selection from Master Books.
- Civitas have produced a Core Knowledge curriculum which has an interesting table showing the curriculum by year from year 1 to 6.
- Rainbow books sell the Maxwell family books. I've used Managers of their Homes which is a helpful and detailed introduction to scheduling.
- Branch Out World is run by a UK home educator who produces picture book studies of books easily obtainable, think Dogger and Katie Morag, in the UK.
This section is generic not related to any particular part of the UK.
- Nrich is a maths site with challenges and fun maths for ages from Lower Primary to Upper Secondary. They aim to "enrich the experience of the maths curriculum for all learners".
- IXL is an international organisation but with a UK specific maths practice site.
- The National STEM Centre has a website with
- The Royal British Legion produces a free learning pack for educators. This includes DVDs and a poster. The DVDs have sections on both the First and Second World Wars and there is a guide as to suitability for different age groups.