Monday 17 February 2014

Update

Thank you for your kind messages, both here and on Facebook, after my post about our current complicated life.

Our Older Relative is now home, with us, and we are getting used to a new "normal". We are grateful for the care workers who visit at home and that we can have this support, at this time.

Apologies for writing rather less than usual. We have a half term break, this week, which means that there is a little more time. Hopefully, the younger children and I will manage a long day trip: I'm really thankful  for my husband and the help that we have which make this possible.

When I was working, my specialty was Medicine for Older People. It is strange to be on the other end, as a carer and to experience, at first hand, the positives and negatives of the system as well as the challenges and joys of looking after an older person.

4 comments:

  1. I trust that all is going well with your Older Relative back at home and having extras carers helping out - and I hope that you and the children are enjoying half-term and will be able to get out a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hazel. Yes, things seem to be going in the right direction. Half term is good!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the update -- I am glad to hear that your relative is home and praying that you will have the help you need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the update. I have been praying. It was interesting to hear your speciality was elderly care. I was a nurse and worked in the community because I always felt pulled towards care of the elderly. You are right, although there are many challenges there are also many blessings to caring for an older person. I pray there will be many more blessings than challenges for you all.

    ReplyDelete