Wednesday 1 June 2011

Bill the scarecrow

Our version of the "Dingle dangle scarecrow" made from old clothes and sheet, old curtain rails for arms and legs, packaging material and bags. The only new item was the string for holding everything together. The name, Bill, was chosen by the children but from its origins our scarecrow has no connection with the financial variety.

The children, and some visiting friends, made the face.

The old clothes were arranged
 and then re-arranged.
We stuffed "Bill" with more old clothes and packaging material and added some boots.
All ready for the garden.
Guarding the blackcurrants.
I keep looking up the garden and thinking that there is someone there-hope the birds think the same.

This is linked to 92 days of summer

Photobucket

and to It's Playtime.

Do visit for so many play ideas.

7 comments:

  1. Cool! You'll have to let us know if it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome scarecrow! Hope it works too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Love your scare crow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those children had a lot of fun making that!
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha! I have the same problem in our outdoor garden! We get crows, bunnies, and prairie dogs who love to nibble at our plants. I never thought of making a scarecrow! I like that you let the kids help make it. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love him! We love singing Dingle Dangle scarecrow at preschool and now you have me thinking that we should make a scarecrow for our veggie patch. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome! I love it! I hope he keeps the critters out of your garden this summer! I did a garden theme on It's Playtime this week and had to feature him! Hope to see more playful ideas from you!

    ReplyDelete